Friday, March 25, 2016

Elements (LOTD 3/25/16)

Good Morning Lovelies! I'm sorry if this is up late but I'm sleepy!
So yesterday I went shopping around with a couple of friends - my two best ones! And we went over to the kawaii fair. I LOVE cute things, you know that. But oh my gosh! SAKURA FLOWERS!
EVERYWHERE! YAY! There were Sakura flower poses from Glamrus and sakura petals on the ground from +Half-Deer+ and I am just in love! So I wanted to show you a pretty little picture with them!
As you can see, I'm obviously inspired with this post. The petals, the wind, the unicorns. How can anyone not feel beautiful? I think that is the whole thing about second life, at least to me. Feeling beautiful. So many of us- and I'm not just talking about second life here- but so many of us have such deep rooted body issues. Whether we feel we are too fat, too thin, too freckly, not pretty enough, not good enough. And I honestly think along with our peers the media helps put these pre-conceived images in our head of what we should be. When is that last time you saw a movie where the lead character was a beautiful overweight woman who found love? And made it romantic? Sure there's a couple overweight woman in comedies. As if having a few extra pounds is funny. But since when has it become wrong for an overweight woman to be romanticized? If shes happy with her body, whats wrong with that? Is it not romantic?
*Siiiiiiiigh* anyways! I believe I've gone off topic again! What I meant to say was basically these pre-conceived notions start at such a young age. So stop! There is no reason to be ashamed of your body. Little girls all over the world are growing up ashamed of their bodies and its not right, Boys too. Love your body. After all, it's the only one you've got!
Okay, so this hair is an old gacha from the winter from ~Tableau Vivant~. I love it and have been wanting to show you all, I just needed windy stuff and now I have it! And the body suit is a gatcha from one or two summers ago from !APHORISM!. So, take a look at the credits and enjoy! I had so much fun making this picture!
XOXO

Get The Look:

Hair: ~Tableau Vivant~ - Starry Night - Windy
Head: .: fiore :. - Precious
Skin: .: fiore :. - Doll
Bodysuit: !APHORISM! - Prospera Bodysuit - Ivory

Extras:

Pose: Glamrus - Cherri 02
Unicorns: +Half-Deer+ - Unicorn Story - Graze, +Half-Deer+ - Unicorn Story - Curious, +Half-Deer+ - Unicorn Story - Interlude, +Half-Deer+ - Unicorn Story - Love, +Half-Deer+ - Unicorn Story - Run Free
Flower Petals: +Half-Deer+ - Sakura Petals (All of them)
Sim: Home

"How unfair, it's just our luck
Found something real that's out of touch
But if you'd searched the whole wide world
Would you dare to let it go?
'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special
Don't give me up
Don't give... me up"
-Birdy, Not About Angels

1 comment:

  1. awesome job with the pic! And you're right on target with the post too. Well said. :-)
    (Audfrith/ emmiedee)

    ReplyDelete