Monday, April 25, 2016

Trying Something A Little Different

Good morning Lovelies! I am back. Please accept my apologies for being gone without much warning and for so long. First I was very sick and then I just couldn't get into blogging. I needed something different, something new and exciting. I really enjoy blogging. I do. But blogging every day can sometimes get a little boring. I also don't want my blog to be 'just another fashion blog'. There are way too many of those!
So what can I do about it?
Well, there's going to be a few changes coming. I will still do primarily fashion posts because I personally love fashion. But I also love music, interior design, exterior design, and I especially love roleplaying. Second Life is a wonderful place with so many things to offer and I am going to start blogging a multitude of things because I think I need to expand and broaden my horizons.
If you come here for my fashions, do not fret - like I mentioned before, I still will be a primarily fashion blog and will still showcase certain stores and and do a look of the day here and there. I'm just doing a little more as well.
As for posting, that will start to change a little bit too. In order to keep you guys interested and take quality photos and show actual creativeness, I will start to post a bit less. It was too much to do it so much. There will probably be a post every two to three days or so.
And finally, let me know what kinds of things YOU want to see on my blog. Keep in mind I do like to keep it PG 13 or so. Yes, sometimes I may talk about adult topics but I don't go into them much.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Today, I want to talk about a roleplay sim called Edge Of Ro. Keep in mind this is not a review. 
For a long time- five years actually I lived and breathed a different roleplay sim. A Harry Potter/Hogwarts sim. It was great and fabulous and I loved it so much. But interests changed, people changed and different agendas started to show. Suddenly I didn't feel welcome or included and for a long time I tried to continue going and fight through it but nothing changed. So I started to flit from RP sim to RP sim and I just couldn't find one where I felt I truly belonged. I missed playing at Hogwarts. So bad! Obviously the Hogwarts sim on SL wasn't an option since I felt so outcast, so I joined a forum and now have that to satisfy that part of me.
Now forums of course just don't match up to SL with visuals and actually making a character and putting them in situations. I still wanted that. There aren't many Harry Potter themed roleplays either. So what to do?
Well, I joined a couple midieval/fantasy sims. Now usually I am apprehensive about these sims. There are so many people to who make completely un-human avatars and that is a challenge for me. I'm always human in my avatars, I always will be. I usually roleplayed with only humans before and not fantasy creatures. Edge of Ro claimed to accept any race so at first I was scared. Were the majority of people going to be fantasy? I didn't know how I felt about that. But actually, the opposite is true. Sure there are some people with magic powers but it was a nice change for me. 
I also wanted a challenge for myself. Ive been roleplaying for five years and I wanted to become better. So, I made a character who doesn't speak the native language. This is certainly a challenge for me. It is a lot more talking with the body then the mouth which can be difficult. I am a little scared that it might be a challenge for people who roleplay with me as well, but I've roleplayed with quite a few people so far and it seemed to work well!
Alright, lets talk about the sim. Lets face it, if you don't have a great place for people to meet and roleplay your a bit screwed in Second Life. This sim is gorgeous! I've included of collage of outside areas in the photo up top and on the bottom there will be a collage of inside areas. On my flickr I will upload the full size photos. Please check them out here!
The roleplay sim is two sims and the story is a city surrounded on one side by a lush forest, and the other by a dry desert. There are a few midieval staples like a bathhouse which is so beautiful, a tavern, and of course a brothel for those who wish to play that out. There are shops scattered around, A library with a job board if your character is looking for a quick job and some roleplay. There is a dock and even air ships and air ship dock! How cool is that? There are also different dwellings that you can rent but be quick on your toes when you see an opening because there aren't many open slots and they go fast!
Okay, so you've got the place down now. Great! What kinds of people do you have?
Now I've been to roleplay sims and I have met many one liners. I am not one liner. I post paragraphs. I'm not going to knock on you if you post a line, but you wont keep my attention for along and definitely wont get much out of me in return. Quality of roleplay is huge factor in determining if I like a sim or not. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of roleplayers here also are para posters. YAY! I have a couple friends who play part rabbit people from final fantasy and their characters are so cute! There's a sweet bartender who might take pity on you if you steal... or at least she did for me! Then again our characters share a past in a way. Then you could always run into the crazy bath house owner. She's beautiful but be careful, she might just set her bunny army on you! 
Now that I've written way too much, tell me a bit about your roleplays. Or ask me a question about roleplaying and I'll be sure to answer to the best of my knowledge. I'd like to make this blog as much about you as it is about me. So, share your stories! The comment button is there for a reason!
XOXO

Inside Areas:


"Here we go, come with me,
There's a world out there that we should see,
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer
Let's fly, fly, fly, fly
Up, up, here we go, go
Up, up, here we go, go
Let's fly, fly, fly, fly
Up, up, here we go, go
Where we stop nobody knows (knows)"
-Far East Movement, Rocketeer

No comments:

Post a Comment