Saturday, July 2, 2016

I Want Adventure In The Great Wide Somewhere

Beauty.

Innocence.

Youth.

Some people believe they are one in the same. Do you?

I don't.

I think beauty comes in many forms. We all try to recreate it. In pictures. On ourselves. In our homes. In other people. And yet, there is still so much ugly in the world. We still feel in creeping up along our skin, into our bodies and invading our minds. Why?

When we put standards on what beauty is, that is when you let the ugliness creep in. 
Unacceptance. Unkindness. Jealousy. To me those are all forms of ugliness.

You are beautiful.

Everyone is. Beauty doesn't have to be what you look like. It could your words. Your voice. Your thoughts. Your heart. Your kindness.

When I was a teenager I had this idea to smile at everyone. I was bullied a lot but I always tried to hide how upset I was by a smile. So I thought that if I could hide it, other people must be hiding it too, right? Every time I saw someone I met, I'd send them a smile. Sometimes I would get the most gratitude filled look back. Other times I would get nothing, or a look that was like "Uh, why are you smiling at me?" But those looks of gratitude really made me start to feel better. Smile. You never know who might need to see your smile today.

XOXO

Get The Look:

Hair: Exile - Wicked Games (FLF)
Head: .:fiore:. - Precious Mesh Head
Skin: .:fiore:. - Doll
Body: Maitreya - Mesh Body - Lara
Dress: ISON - light moon gown (Crystal Heart Festival)
Rings: REIGN. - Darling Ring - Bear (Silver); Cae - :: Phases :: Rings

Extras:

Pose (with flowers): GlamRus - Cherri 07
White Flowers: {anc} - ephemera clear.B double
Sun Beams: HPMD - Sunlight(2014) - b


 
"I want much more than this provincial life
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned"
Alan Menken (writer/composer), Belle, Beauty And The Beast



No comments:

Post a Comment